Thyristor Surge Suppressors (TSS) SIDACtor, also called semiconductor discharge tube, is a switch type over voltage protection device connected in parallel in the circuit. It is usually in an open circuit state. When an abnormal over voltage pulse reaches its breakdown voltage, it will quickly change to a high resistance state.
When it’s on the low resistance state, the instantaneous surge current will be bypassed and discharged. Due to the effect of negative resistance, and the voltage on the two terminals is much lower at this time, once the abnormal voltage disappears, it will immediately return to the high resistance state.
It is a switch-type protection device dedicated to the protection of communication signal lines.
•There are two types of discrete components and array components.
•Response speed is less than 1nS.
•General voltage specifications are only about 6/8, 25/30, 58V/64, 65V/72, 75V/90, 90V/110, 120V/130, 140V/150, 170V/180, 190V/230, 220V/260, 275V/310, 320V/350.
•With accurate turn-on breakdown voltage.
•The capacitance value is generally only tens of pF, AA represents capacitance.
•The leakage current is low, generally in the order of several uA.
• Diversified packaging, SMA, SMB, TO-92, DO-15, DO-27, SOIC-08, etc. It can realize flexible protection in different locations, spaces.
• AA/TA series are SMA, SA/SB/SC are SMB, L is DO-15/DO-27, and E series is TO-92. In order to meet the requirements of higher lightning surge protection levels, we has produced 10/1000uS 150A, 200A series products. At the same time, in order to adapt to the application on the higher frequency data signal line, the capacitance value can reach 25PF, 16PF, and the low capacitance value series products below 10PF to meet the requirements on the high frequency data line application protection. The schematic diagram of the working principle of the Thyristor Surge Suppressors (TSS) SIDACtor is as follows:
Thyristor Surge Suppressors (TSS) SIDACtor is widely used in the protection of semiconductors and sensitive devices.
It is usually used for surge and over voltage protection of communication signal line circuits, protecting the internal integrated circuits from transient over voltage impact and damage.
Most application of Thyristor Surge Suppressors (TSS) SIDACtor:
• Data line protection.
• RS232/RS422/RS485 interface card.
•XDSL and ISDN, HDSL transmission equipment
• User front-end equipment, such as: telephone, modem, etc.
•Central office line cards.
• PBX and other switching equipment.
Our Thyristor Surge Suppressors (TSS) SIDACtor comply with the corresponding regulations of RoHS WEEE and have passed the inspection of the corresponding test organization to meet the test standards like UL60950, GR1089, ITU K21, IEC61000-4-5, IEC61643-341, GB/T8802.341 and other standards.
Sincerely welcome your inquiry and orders.